If you’re a recent homeowner, you’re probably excited about your new home and neighborhood. And if you just moved to Bergen County, New Jersey, you may also be overwhelmed as to what to do and where to go. Luckily, Bergen FYI can keep you up to date on what’s happening in the county. And in the meantime, we’re sure this guide to local resources will help you get settled in no time.
You’ll want your home functional and ready to use before you head out for exploring. Here’s how to unpack with ease:
● Essentials first: Start by unpacking the items you’ll need for daily living, such as food, clothes, and toiletries.
● Organize as you go: Keep sorting through your items as you unpack – this is a great way to declutter unnecessary items.
● Go by room: If unpacking is getting too overwhelming, take it one room at a time.
Bergen has so much to offer. The following are some exciting local haunts you need to check out:
● Playspaces: Bergen has its fair share of indoor play spaces like Bergen Mama and Jumpin Jax which make for a fun day out with the kids.
● Coffee shops: If you’re like us, you love your coffee. Ara Coffee and Caffe Anello are some favorites in the area.
● Yoga studios: If a daily yoga practice is part of your routine, be sure to check out Shree Yoga, Moonflower Yoga, and Fireshaper for lovely and relaxing yoga sessions.
The Last Few Details
If you’re excited about checking out Bergen’s latest events, the last thing you want to do is take care of tedious, detail-oriented work. But it will be worthwhile to set up the following as soon as possible:
● DMV: Be sure to transfer your vehicle details to your new county so that your registration is all set up.
● Services: Set up utilities, cancel gym memberships, and transfer services so that you’re comfortable as can be at home.
● Career: You may have moved to pursue a new job. If so, identify the skills and qualifications you need, and find an online program to help you achieve these faster.
Are you excited to get unpacking and explore all the local offerings at Bergen County? Be sure to use our guide to ease you into your new environs for a happy transition.
Written by Alice Robertson